The O-RAN Software Community (SC) Documentation.
Welcome to O-RAN SC Documentation Home¶
O-RAN Alliance (https://www.o-ran.org/) members and contributors have committed to evolving Radio Access Networks (RAN) around the world. Future RANs will be built on a foundation of virtualized network elements, white-box hardware and standardized interfaces that fully embrace O-RAN’s core principles of intelligence and openness. An ecosystem of innovative new products is already emerging that will form the underpinnings of the multi-vendor, interoperable, autonomous RAN, envisioned by many in the past, but only now enabled by the global industry-wide vision, commitment and leadership of O-RAN Alliance members and contributors.
O-RAN SC is partnering with the O-RAN Alliance and Linux Foundation to support the software development for an open RAN solution that is available to everyone. The community will align with the architecture and specifications that are created in the O-RAN Alliance working groups to create a working software solution to enable an open and intelligent 5G RAN.
Please find some guidance here on the content of O-RAN SC documentation.
- O-RAN Architecture Overview
- O-RAN SC license
- O-RAN SC Amber Release Projects
- RAN Intelligent Controller Applications (RICAPP)
- Near Realtime RAN Intelligent Controller (RIC)
- Non-RealTime RAN Intelligent Controller (NONRTRIC)
- Operations and Maintenance (OAM)
- O-RAN Central Unit (OCU)
- O-RAN Distributed Unit High Layers (ODUHIGH)
- O-RAN Distributed Unit Low Layers (ODULOW)
- Infrastructure (INF)
- Integration and Testing (INT)